Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there. After TikTok's ban in India, Reels were added to Instagram. This has made it even more popular. As an aside, you can read our Instagram Reels vs TikTok comparison here. The problem is that Instagram crashes quite often despite being so popular. Users have reported that Instagram crashes on iOS and Android. Instagram crashes frequently when you upload stories, or open DMs. This guide was created to address all these problems. We will show you how to fix Instagram crashes.
Resolve the Instagram Crashing Problem
We have listed the possible solutions to the Instagram crash issue for iOS and Android. Simply click the link to access the solution.
- Clear Cache
- [Update Instagram App/System Update] (#upd
- [Reinstall Instagram App] (#rein
- [Quit The Beta Program] (#beta
- Wait Out
- [Check Instagram is down] (#down
- Instagram crashes when uploading story? ](#story)
- [Instagram crashes when you open DM] ](#dm)
Instagram's Problem of Crashing Solutions
1. Clear Cache
1. It is the easiest and most effective way to resolve many issues, including Instagram crashing. Simply press and hold Instagram to open "App Info "**.". Next tap on "Storage & Cache".
2. Simply tap on the "Clear Cache” button to reopen Instagram. Instagram shouldn't be closing now.
1. 1. You will also be able to delete related data (cache), of Instagram. Open Settings, then move to General-> iPhone Storage.
2. Scroll down to open Instagram. Next, tap "Delete app". Next, go to the App Store to reinstall Instagram. Once you login, Instagram will not crash once again.
2. ### 2.
1. If none of the methods above worked, check to see if there is an update for your app. Hold down on Play Store, then open "My Apps ".". Look for Instagram here and then update it.
2. You should check next if there is a system upgrade pending. Many fixes are available for system updates, which can fix Instagram crashing problems. Navigate to Settings, then click on System->System Updates. Check for any updates, and then install them immediately.
1. Similar to iOS: Open App Store, then tap on "Today", at the bottom. Tap on the profile icon. Scroll down to see if Instagram is showing any pending changes. Tap on Update if it is. Open Instagram after the update has been completed.
2. You can also check your iOS system for updates. **Open Settings->General->Software Update. Download and install any updates that are pending.
3. ### 3.
You can uninstall the application and then reinstall it again if the previous methods fail. You will have to log in again, so remember your password before you uninstall the app.
1. 1. Open the Play Store to install Instagram. Log in now to your account. The crashing problem should disappear.
1. 1. After you've done this, go to the App Store to reinstall Instagram. Log in to Instagram and check if your iPhone is still crashing.
4. ### 4.
1. We are sometimes unaware that users may be enrolled in Instagram's beta program. Beta versions can crash and they are generally unstable. To quit beta testing, please open Play Store and then open Instagram.
2. Scroll down to find the "You're a beta tester" section if you have enrolled in this program. You are now almost finished.
3. After a few seconds, close the Play Store app. Open Instagram and then update the app. You will now receive stable builds without any crashing problems.
1. iOS: If you're enrolled in beta testing, you need to have the TestFlight App. Open it, and you can unenroll yourself from Instagram's beta program. You don't need the TestFlight App to use the Beta Program. There are other options available.
5. Wait Out
This may sound strange, but it could be the solution to Instagram's crashing problems. Let me explain. Instagram uses Facebook SDK to access its app. The SDK allows for seamless login and deep integration. In the past few months, the Facebook SDK has been notorious for crashing apps including Instagram, Spotify, Tinder, and more. This issue is affecting iOS especially.
Facebook stated in a statement that the crash was caused by "some code modifications". The bug was later fixed, and Instagram and other apps began working again without any issues. If nothing seems to work, you can wait and then let developers solve the Instagram crashing problem.
6. ### 6.
In the meantime, in addition to waiting for bugs fixes, you can check whether Instagram is currently crashing for yourself or everyone else. On DownDetector, you can check the real-time status of Instagram around the world. You can see where Instagram is experiencing problems around the world with an outagemap. Check out the website to see if Instagram has problems in your area.
7. ### 7. Instagram crashes when you upload a story?
If Instagram is crashing while uploading Instagram stories then the issue might be with the media file. This issue has been solved many times. It doesn't matter if it is a video. If the codecs are new, then you can convert it into a standard one Instagram will accept.
If your 4K60FPS video was shot, you can convert it to 1080p@30FPS then change the format to MP4/H.264. This format is the best video compatible for Instagram. You can use these video converters for Android and iOS.
For better compatibility, convert the image to JPG/PNG if it is a HEIC/HEIF picture. You can learn how to convert HEIF/HEIF image to JPG on Windows PC from the linked article. In addition, you can disable the HEIF format on iOS for better compatibility with Instagram.
8. ### 8. Instagram crashes when you open a DM
Instagram may crash when you try to open a DM. This could be due to multiple logins from different devices. To clear all your past logins, open Instagram's login activity page on the web and click on your logins. To remove device authentication, click "Logout" after that. Log out of the Instagram app using your phone and log back in. You should no longer experience crashing problems on Instagram.
This is how to fix Instagram crashes on iOS and Android. So that you understand why Instagram crashes on iOS and Android, we have included both common and advanced methods. That's all we have to say. If you have any questions, please comment below. We are here to assist you.