Whether it's the new Minecraft 1.18 update or the first-ever Minecraft build, one thing that hasn't changed to date are the bedrock blocks. These blocks are found at the base of Minecraft's worlds and they are some of the most powerful in-game. Bedrock can be found covering almost the whole roof in the Nether dimension. The question now is how do you break Bedrock in Minecraft 1.8.1? It is not affected by any in-game tools, even TNT. It is because of this that the community depends on bugs to make it happen. Let's get on with the task of breaking Bedrock in Minecraft 1.8.1.
Break Bedrock In Minecraft 1.18.1 (2022).
When you're in creativity mode, the bedrock can be easily broken like any other block. We will only be focusing on survival gameplay. It is possible to also read the reasoning behind the method and the process of understanding it in detail here. This method works on both Minecraft Java and Bedrock editions. However, it can be time-consuming to collect the necessary resources so let us dive right in.
How to Get the Bedrock Layer of Minecraft
The easiest way to get to the Bedrock, regardless of whether you're in the Nether dimension (or the Overworld), is to dig straight down. And thanks to the deep dripstone caves in Minecraft 1.18.1, it's much easier to reach there. Bedrock is not only found in this location. Even the roof inaccessible to the Nether dimension can be crossed. Here's how.
1. First, make a Nether portal in Minecraft and reach the Nether dimension. This guide can help you quickly. When entering the dimension, be sure to have 3 wooden ladders along with an ender pearl
2. Next, place blocks under your spawn point to reach the highest level. You will find it at the block height of Y=126**. You must ensure that there are no blocks between your block and the bedrock layer at Y=127.
3. You can then place your ladders to reach the Bedrock block once you have found the right spot. You should have enough room to reach the top of the ladder.
4. 4. Next, point towards the Bedrock block. Then throw your Ender pearl. You will be teleported directly to the Nether's Bedrock roof.
Preparedness to Break Bedrock In Minecraft 1.18.1
This is the only way to use Minecraft 1.18.1 as of December 2021. It works flawlessly on Minecraft 1.18.1 Java Edition. Before we get to the process itself, let us look at what items are required for the method. There can be numerous ways to do it, but our method is inspired by the YouTuber Mysticat.
Which Items Are Required to Break Bedrock?
These items are required to break Bedrock in Minecraft 1.8.1:
- 1 Obsidian Block
- Any other Block Like Cobblestone
- 2 Pistons
- 1 Lever
- 1 Wooden Trapdoor
These items may feel unfamiliar if you've never tried Redstone-based cooking recipes. They are easy to find. Obsidian blocks can be mined using a diamond pickaxe in any area with merging water or lava. Obsidian blocks can be made by using buckets containing lava and water. Let's look at the crafting instructions for all of them. Do make a crafting table beforehand to save some time.
What You Need to Do to Break Bedrock
1. You will first need to make a lever. To do this, all you need is one cobblestone blocks and **a wood stick. These are two basic items that you can easily obtain in the game. Next, you will need to open the Crafting Table and place the cobblestone blocks in the second or the third row. To make a Minecraft lever, place the wooden stick directly above the cobblestone block.
2. You only need six wooden planks to make a trapdoor. Fill any 2 rows with them. Your trapdoor is ready when you make sure that the rows are in close proximity. This Minecraft recipe will give you two trapdoors.
3. To create a piston, you will need four cobblestone blocks and three wooden planks. You can use our Minecraft 1.18.1 ore distribution guide to easily find iron and Redstone.
You will need the Redstone dust to be placed below the ingot. Next, add the wooden planks to the top row. Fill the spaces between the columns with the cobblestone blocks. That's all! Now you have created a piston in Minecraft.
Use Piston in Minecraft to Break Bedrock
Now that you have all of the tools at your disposal, it is time to get down to the Bedrock layer. Let's now see how we can do this:
1. Place a piston on top of a Bedrock block. Place the piston so that it faces upwards. The piston will be placed with its upward facing face if you jump while it is being placed.
2. Next, place a TNT block on the piston's head and an obsidian block on its sides.
3. The next step is to add any additional block onto the obsidian. For our demonstration, we will be using cobblestone. After it is placed, place a TNT-block on top.
4. Place the trap door onto the Obsidian block's top. Then, place the trap door on the top half of the obsidian blocks. As shown below, the setup is now ready to go.
Exploit Piston's Obsidian Breaking Glitch
Now it is time to crack Bedrock in Minecraft 1.8.1. The lever should be used to activate both TNT (and the piston simultaneously). We need another piston to glitch out the obsidian blocks once the piston is destroyed by the TNT. Let's take a look at how it works.
1. These steps must be completed as fast as you can. First, prepare yourself by holding the piston in one's hand. Next, hold the piston in your hand and pull the lever.
2. The TNT blocks will be activated by pulling the lever. You will now have just 3 seconds to take action. Stand next to the trapdoor and activate it. This will put your character in the swimming position (see below).
3. 3. Next, you will need to spam the secondary action key while the piston is still in your hands.
4. 4. If all goes as planned, the piston can be placed facing up. The bedrock block beneath it will also be destroyed. This process can be repeated until it is perfected.
What does this method do in Minecraft 1.18.1?
The only thing that makes this method possible is the piston glitching at the Bedrock. A piston can normally move any block away from its original location when it is activated. It won't activate if the block that we want to move is not a Bedrock Block in Mine. This method has one goal: to activate the piston on top of a Bedrock Block. It works by pure luck of timing.
When the lever activates, the earlier placed piston is activated along with two TNT blocks. Once the TNT has destroyed the piston, the other piston is placed facing down. Swimming mode, with the face facing up, helps us place the piston. The game will replace both pistons if they are fast enough and then activate the new piston to displace our Bedrock block. This machine could be modified to include Redstone but its core principles would not change.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Quickly Place the Second Piston
You can assign that action to another keyboard key if you're unable to quickly press the default secondary (usually right-click key). To automatically place the second piston, press and hold that key until it is time.
Piston Was Placed. But Bedrock didn't Crack. What to do?
This method is unlikely to work for most players. It is important to do it again until you get the timing right. A second, upward-facing piston in most cases is an indication that the timing worked.
Is there a way to increase the chances of breaking bedrock using this method?
When the bedrock block is not filled, the glitched piston technique works best. If you're trying this on the Nether Roof, make sure you place the piston with ladders on top of your block. This is the block that you used to enter the article in the beginning.
How can you avoid TNT damage in Minecraft?
Enchanted armor is a good option to avoid TNT damage if you're trying this technique in survival mode. But you can also create a Potion of Healing to avoid dying.
Will the Piston Method work on other Minecraft Versions as well?
It can be used on older Minecraft versions, as well, aside from Minecraft 1.18. It has been tested on Minecraft Java Edition 1.16 and 1.17 versions, as well as 1.18.1.
Minecraft's 1.18.1: The Easiest Method to Break Bedrock
You now know how Minecraft 1.18.1 breaks Bedrock, whether you want to reach the Void or build on the top of the Nether Roof. You won't have the ability to take out broken Bedrock blocks, but you will be able replace them with other blocks. There have been many ways to break Bedrock over the years. However, only one method has survived the entire set of in-game patches. But you can also install Forge in Minecraft, as it provides you access to the best Minecraft mods, which you can use to break Bedrock in this sandbox game.
But if you want to stick with vanilla glitches, you should at least use our best Minecraft 1.18.1 seeds for this purpose. These seeds can give you an advantage with key areas and resources near the spawn points. Don't forget, however, to let us know if you have any other methods for breaking Bedrock. It will be tested and shared with readers.